Legacy Post Disclaimer
This is a #Legacy post imported from Washington County News’s previous platform. If you’re experiencing issues with this article, please email us at [email protected].
Fire destroys Forest Avenue home
For those who would like to help a GoFundMe has been set up by the family. The link is listed below. In a social media post, the family asks that their loved ones be lifted up in prayer. https://www.gofundme.com/f/christine-billy-pearson-house-fire?qid=b02b149be89043bbe98eb70e356af930
CHIPLEY – A local family has lost their home following an early morning blaze in Chipley.
The Chipley Fire Department responded around 1 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, to a residence at 1312 Forest Avenue with the assistance of Bonifay Fire-Rescue.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find the home fully engulfed, with Chipley Fire Chief Floyd Aycock calling the residence a “total loss”; however, no one was injured.
The fire is believed to have been started by a heat lamp, which had been left on to keep a family pet warm.
We will update this story as soon as possible with information on how the community can assist this family in their time of need.