Suspect killed in TN officer-involved shooting days after release from WCSO

NASHVILLE, TENN. – A suspect recently arrested by Washington County Sheriff’s Office was shot and killed in an officer involved shooting just days after being released from WCSO custody.

Deputies with the Washington County SheriffÂ’s Office arrested 47-year-old Adrian Lamont Cameron of Antioch, Tennessee Monday, September 6, after a September 5 shooting incident that occurred near State Road 79 and Johnson Road and resulted in the arrest of a female subject.

WCSO reports Cameron and another male subject had returned to the scene, allegedly to retrieve items discarded after the previous dayÂ’s incident but both men fled when deputies attempted to make contact with them.

Cameron was detained after a brief foot pursuit and later arrested after deputies discovered him to be in possession of cocaine and other narcotics. 

Deputies soon learned Cameron was on parole following a homicide sentence in Tennessee and were advised by law enforcement officials in that state that an arrest warrant for violation of parole would be forthcoming.

A Circuit Court Judge set a $35,000 bond, along with a seven-day hold, to give Tennessee officials time to file the warrant in Florida so that Cameron could be extradited. That warrant had not been filed by time the seven days were up, which allowed Cameron to post bond and be released from custody on September 14. 

Just days later, on September 19, Cameron was fatally shot by officers with the Metro Nashville Police Department following an attempt to serve him with arrest warrants at a Nashville motel.

According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), Cameron and his 16-year-old son were also wanted for questioning in another homicide. The new homicide investigation began after the body of a 50-year-old man was recovered from the Cumberland River earlier that month. Law enforcement officials say they believe man was the victim of a shooting at the hands of CameronÂ’s teenage son.

TBI reports Cameron was shot during the motel standoff and later died at a Nashville-area hospital. 

A warrant has since been issued for CameronÂ’s son, Adrian Cameron, Jr. in connection to the new homicide.