With death tolls in conflicts around the world sometimes reaching those of a weekend in Chicago or Atlanta, many news items have fallen through the cracks. As Biden perhaps wags the dog with the Middle East and Ukraine, other things are going on. I offer summaries of a few:
- Biden is struggling in the polls with more people realizing Democrats are incompetent. His pandering student loan forgiveness program failed. Now, as octogenarians get us into wars, Biden and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell promise that any voting millennial who gets killed in their World War III will have their student loans forgiven.
- As the Democrats cram electric vehicles down our throats, Americans are rejecting them. Almost everyone who has one has one and the next level of consumer demand needs to be market driven. Crossing the street in Chattanooga the other day, I did not hear a smart EV car coming at me. It hit me and I waited an hour in the Erlanger Hospital ER to get it removed.
- Democrat Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey is in a pickle. He was caught with cash and gold bars stuffed in his suit for a payoff. (His defense might be that he was preparing for a divorce.) When the Middle East wars started, Egyptian President Abdel el-Sisi, having dealt with Menendez in the past, had occasion to call Biden. He slipped up and asked, â€œHow many gold bars for a Stinger Missile System?â€ Seventy-five percent of New Jersey voters want Menendez to resign. The other twenty-five percent want him to stay because they have already paid him and they want their favors. But do not worry. Bidenâ€™s DOJ and FBI are looking into the matter. The money was in an old suit from the Donald Trump Collection at Macyâ€™s, so they feel they have enough evidence to indict Donald Trump this time. Make no mistake, the media are still doing their job. If Trump makes a faux pas they hold Trump accountable. And if Biden messes up something, they hold Trump accountable.
- GOP Representative Lauren Boebert has been publicly dating since filing for divorce. She openly got handsy with a date in a theater. Your move, Taylor Swift! Boebert also cast her vote for Mike Johnson for Speaker of the House.
- Lefty Dems like The Squadâ€™s Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan are openly pro-Palestine. They even have Queers for Palestine flags on their houses, not getting the irony. As the Middle East wars began, Muslem uprisings and anger raged in northern cities like Detroit and Chicago.
- Hollywood settled its strike. Now the writers can go back to destroying beloved Disney franchises like before. The strike was long and many actors had to get real jobs. The better actors honed their craft while on break and mastered the art of making customers think that they really cared if they supersized their Big Mac meals.
- If you saw the pro-Palestinian protesters in the Capitol, you would notice that they were almost indistinguishable from the Jan. 6 protesters but you would also see that they were not dealt with nearly as harshly. Democrat Representative Jamaal Bowman from New York pulled the Capitol fire alarms to disrupt a Congressional vote. The ex-high school principal said he did not know anything about sprinklers/fire alarms, so the Washington D.C. judge gave him a $1000 fine. Jamaal and the Palestinian protesters are just more victims of our two-tiered and racist justice system.
A libertarian op-ed humorist and award-winning author, Ron does commentary on radio and TV. He can be contacted at Ron@RonaldHart.com or @RonaldHart on Twitter.